Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Monday, November 18, 2013

2013 Project 52, Week 45: Autumn Arrives in New York

Week 45: November 5-11

From one week to the next, I went from drought to surplus. Whereas the previous week I had but a few snaps of Millie in our living room window to pass for the weekly project entry, I had no fewer than five separate shoots to practice and to roll around in my mind for this week.

Sharon and I took a Saturday afternoon to stroll through our Central Park backyard and took in the arrival of autumnal colored leaves and their attendant allergens in action. Our visit to the Park was inspired by the annual Jazz and Colors jazz festival. We went from location to location to catch a menagerie of New York jazz groups all playing the same set all around Central Park. Our walk around the Park eventually brought us to the Mall, which is one of many of my favorite parts of the Park- it's an iconic view never wanting for the bustle of people and music and, this weekend, the splash of fall colors.

11.5mm (DX) : ISO 400 : f/8 : 1/125s
Autumn Stroll in Central Park
B&W Down the Mall
Honorable Mention
My other main photo project of the week comes courtesy of the end of Daylight Savings Time and the view down 6th Avenue (or, Avenue of the Americas to tourists) I see every evening around 5pm when I leave work. Once Daylight Savings ended and I began leaving the office when dark had settled in, I knew I had to haul my tripod with me to get a long-shutter photo of the Midtown evening glow.

Midtown evening glow: a 25-second exposure
It's a good week when I get and take more chances to make more photos. Indisputably. I miss it when I'm not out shooting, and when I'm out shooting, even if something frustrates me or I run into unexpected snafus or I end up somewhat bored with what I see, it's what I would rather be doing. It was a good week.

2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 |  Weeks 10-13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | 
Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | 
Week 23 | Week 24 | Weeks 25-27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | 
Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Week 34 | Week 35 | Weeks 36-37 | 
Week 38 | Weeks 39-40 | Week 41 | Week 42 | Week 43 | Week 44 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H