Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

2013 Project 52, Weeks 25-27: On the Street



Weeks 25-27

Been busy. Let's just get to it. (There's no Week 24 for now. I do have a photo for Week 24, but I'll post it later on with an explanation)

Week 25: June 18-24

25/52: Pianoman in the Park
20mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/11 : 1/25s
Pianoman at Washington Square Park
The sweltering hot New York summer is here. I remember getting to Washington Square Park (scene of a previous entry) and practically melting. This day, there were kids playing in the water fountain, and Sharon and I both wanted to jump in and join them...

As we were leaving, we came across this guy playing a baby grand piano placed at one of the entrances of the park. I'm really glad I caught this scene and was able to line it all up.

Week 26: June 25 - July 1

26/52: Pride March 2013
35mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/4 : 1/100s
Pride March 2013
I missed the Pride March last year, and I had made a mental note to try to catch it this year; with the landmark Supreme Court decision striking down DOMA just the week before, I knew I didn't want to miss what was sure to be an extra festive affair. I've never shot a parade before, and while I wished I had had a chance to arrive and set up earlier, I was able to stake out a spot along the barricade, and I caught this moment during a break in the procession.

I've actually had a post long-suffering in my Drafts folder about the issue of same-sex marriage. One of these days I will pull it out of Perpetual Revision Purgatory and post it; in the mean time, I'll take this occasion to say I was happy to be able to celebrate alongside like-minded people that day.

Week 27: July 2-8

27/52: Bethesda Fountain, Watering Hole
20mm (DX) : ISO 400 : f/9 : 1/400s
Bethesda Fountain, Watering Hole
This entry came from another visit to Central Park. We were walking around, and this was one of the many I shot that day, however upon reviewing photos, I dismissed this one immediately. It wasn't until going over photos with Sharon that she pointed this one out and explained how she liked the composition and the storytelling potential; I was won over, and this is indeed one of my favorite shots from that day. I like the line-up of people sitting along the fountain (particularly the guy in shades with the blank expression). Everyone is doing something different. Hopefully I can continue to develop an eye for recognizing good composition and storytelling both behind the viewfinder and during photo reviewing. For now, I will keep appreciating Sharon's valuable input and artistic sense. ;)

2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 |  Weeks 10-13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | 
Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | 
Week 23 | Week 24 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H