Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2013 Project 52, Week 7 - Reservoir Tog

Week 7: February 12-18

I emerged out of our cave of an apartment last weekend with the singular purpose of capturing the beautiful winter day at the Jackie Onassis Reservoir in Central Park (and redeeming my use of the circular polarizing filter all in one fell swoop)... So naturally my favorite image from the day was one in which I pointed the camera AWAY from the reservoir. My other shots from the day (featuring the Jackie O) follow after the jump.
Jackie O Reservoir Walkabout 2
35mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/4.5 : 1/160s
The walking trail view adjacent to Central Park West 
*I should note that the title for this post represents the ceiling of my cleverness, okay World? I have given fully of myself for this weblog, I say.


(I'll spare the gory details of how the filter works and just say that I hadn't used this in over a year since my gross misuse conspired with my utter noob mistakes amounted basically to wrecking all of my vacation photos from our cruise. I'm still bitter about it.) I think I was pretty successful in using the filter to coax some brighter blues out of the skies, however now I seem to be having problems getting my jpeg files to match what I'm seeing in Lightroom before exporting. Add that to the pile of "Things to Figure Out," I guess.

Jackie O Reservoir Walkabout 5

Jackie O Reservoir Walkabout 3

Jackie O Reservoir Walkabout 1

Jackie O Reservoir Walkabout 4


2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H