Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Monday, June 03, 2013

2013 Project 52, Week 22: Fog After the Storm

Week 22: May 28 - June 3


22/52: Fishing in the Fog
10mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/11 : 1/10s
Fishing in the Fog
I was in Cooperstown, NY, for a conference last week. This was my second time there; we'd been at this same location a year ago, and I had come and gone last time without
  1. visiting the National Baseball Hall of Fame and
  2. bringing my camera and capturing the stunning beauty of Otsego Lake and its surroundings.
I was not going to repeat these mistakes this time around.

A severe thunderstorm/tornado warning-generating storm had just rolled through Otsego County just after the first day of our conference had ended*; but you'd never know by looking outside after it had passed. My coworker decided to go on a bike ride and lent me his tripod (after I'd finished kicking myself for neglecting to bring my own). Fog began settling in over the lake, and the wind made some rippling hatching across the water. After a tumultuous, at times frightening stormy interlude, it was actually a beautiful evening.

A few more from the gorgeous Lake Otsego:

In After the Storm Rolls The Fog
I really wanted to capture the sheet of fog rolling in after the storm
Gorgeous Lake Otesaga
Nature is just beautiful, you guys
And a couple of Instagram shots from my HOF visit. Two legends, two real sporting heroes: Jackie Robinson, who changed the game and the nation, and for whose courage I'm thankful; and Stan Musial, of whom it was aptly said, "Here stands baseball's perfect warrior. Here stands baseball's perfect knight."

#42
Stan the Man.

*Here begins the recounting of easily the dumbest thing I've done all year, by far: I had gone straight from the conference to my hotel (a 4-mile, 6-minute drive) and planned to return just before dinner was scheduled to begin. After I arrived in my room, the tornado warning was announced. I somehow decided I would drive back in the torrential downpour and frighteningly high winds to the conference (I guess because I thought that I just had to get back?); those were the longest 4 miles.

2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 |  Weeks 10-13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | 
Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H