Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

2013 Project 52, Week 18 - Tulips and Towers

Week 18: April 30 - May 6

Uh, so did I say something about not enjoying shooting photos of flowers? Right.
18/52: From the Ground Up
10mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/4 : 1/800s
Bryant Park from the ground up
It's a long 52 weeks to be doing any kind of project. I think I understood this concept at the outset of this undertaking, and perhaps I even knew there might be weeks when I didn't think I was going to be able to produce anything I'd care to put my name on... It was starting to look a lot like Week 18 was going to be That Kind of Week. I had gone on a walk with Sharon this past week in Central Park and came away without much I wanted to display. It's all a grind; learning, practicing, rinsing then repeating. There is nothing prodigious about this; getting comfortable with that understanding is part of the battle.

My company's office is right off of Bryant Park. They have an amazing grounds-keeping crew (and budget) there: gone are the frosty and gaudy Citi Pond skating rink and pop-up restaruant; in its place lies a fresh, un-trodden green lawn awaiting its Opening Day (this Friday at noon). I have to hand it to this City- it really shines in the "little" things like the gorgeous splashes of greenspace dotting the concrete jungle.

The green and the beautiful tulips almost seem to melt or perhaps grow into the Bank of America and other skyscraping towers surrounding Bryant Park here. I wish I had stopped down from the widest aperture at f/4 to about f/5.6 or so to get more of the flowers in focus. Adding a few tulips to the depth of field would have completed what look I think I wanted out of this image.

2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 |  Weeks 10-13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | 
Week 17 | 

1 comment:

  1. i love this shot! the pinks and turquoises perfectly play off of each other. you're so talented and getting even better everyday. :)
    xoxo
    sharon

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H