Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Sunday, April 07, 2013

2013 Project 52, Weeks 10-12: Catch-Ups and Recaps

Even though I put up my two "What I Did On Vacation" posts (Barcelona here; all other locations here), they don't really count as Project 52 entries...

[A quick programming note: I'll just come out and say that I missed Week 13 altogether. I was swamped from catching up on work and going through vacation photos that it just didn't happen. It's too bad, since it is the quarter pole for 2013, but I won't lose any sleep over it. I have two entries for one week, as you'll see below, so it can take the place of Week 13. Week 14's entry is already shot, so I am back on the horse.]

Week 10: March 5-11
These two photos (I can't choose between them both) from our first two days of the trip turned out to be my favorite and possibly my best. I think I've said before that I turn photos to B&W when I run out of ideas or options or just can't figure out the color. But both of these shots had such great lines/curves to go with the textbook high contrast conditions for B&W that I think I knew I would go this direction as I was shooting it (could this be... am I learning? :D).
Glories Metro Station in Barcelona
10mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/4 : 1/50s
The platform at the Glories metro station in Barcelona, the closest to our hotel
Castle passageway
10mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/4.5 : 1/15s
Passageway in the Castel Montjuic
Week 11: March 12-18
There were so many memorable sights from the Lanzarote trip, but as soon Sharon and I walked into town in Arrecife and saw the sky and the water, we knew it would be gorgeous. I'm still learning to use this wide angle lens properly, and I don't think sticking it at 10mm is quite the answer all the time, since it sucks out so much at that focal length... but that doesn't mean I can't get off some great captures with it.
Arrecife at low tide
10mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/8 : 1/2000s
Lowtide in Arrecife
(Did I say I am going to try to learn shooting at something other than 10mm? I just realized every photo in this post is at 10mm. Oh well.)

Week 12: March 19-25
Malaga was beautiful and interesting; I only wish the weather had been better especially while we were exploring the Castle Gibralfaro. I ducked into a turret when it began drizzling and decided to try shooting through one of the windows that faced the Mediterranean.
Lookout towards the sea from Gibralfaro Castle
10mm (DX) : ISO 800 : f/8 : 1/200s
Through the lookout hole in the Castle Gibralfaro

2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H