Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2013 Project 52, Week 20: Beantown

Week 20: May 14-20

I spent a day and a half in Boston this week for work- it was for a noon-to-noon type meeting. While packing for the trip, I initially decided against bringing my camera along. It was such a short meeting, what chance would I have to get my camera out for anything?

I slept on it and awoke with a changed mind. I stashed my camera in my carry-on before running out the door.

I'm glad I did this. There's a saying among the photography sites I frequent and read: "the best camera is the one you have with you." It proved true this week for me. After dinner with colleagues Thursday night, we went our separate ways, and, while kicking myself for not also stuffing my tripod into my luggage, walked around looking for inspiration and did not have far to find it.

What I found in the dark Boston evening was a wealth of forms and glowing electric lights. With the sun down and few colors to consider, I found myself thinking mostly about shapes, lines, form, and shadows:
20/52: Boston Metro by Night
10mm (DX) : ISO 800 : f/4 : 1/30s
B&W Metro Entrance
Rowes Wharf
I saw the Rowes Wharf arches from three blocks away...


2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 |  Weeks 10-13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | 
Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H