Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

2013 Project 52, Week 30: Pogopalooza

Week 30: July 23-29

And now for something completely different, again.

I keep saying and thinking to myself that I want to try out sports photography, but my chances and my selections have been mostly travel and landscape and sort of street photography types. This week changed up the pace entirely. Sharon heard about Pogopalooza through the Gothamist blog, told me about it, and a plan came together just like that to go see something (hello, Extreme Pogo) and someplace (Thompkins Square Park) new.

There were a lot of fun shots that came out of this day: about an hour and a half and 200-plus photos to sift through, and I have around 8 photos to share, starting with this one.

30/52: XPogo!
50mm (DX) : ISO 200 : f/4 : 1/500s
Sharon noted as we looked through the weekend's photos how higher speed photos freezing the action can yield the human body in some crazy contortions. I remember as the event was going on that I tried to think about capturing forms and freezing the action, but it was a lot to try to process all while shooting away. More practice can hopefully help develop that recognition and a confident trigger/shutter finger.

More after the jump.


XPogo Pogopalooza NYC
High-flyin'
XPogo Pogopalooza NYC
Lots of high-flyin'
XPogo Pogopalooza NYC
Crazy contortions, Exhibit A
XPogo Pogopalooza NYC
Jumpin'...
XPogo Pogopalooza NYC
...Jumpin'
XPogo Pogopalooza NYC
Accidental/Incidental Symmetry

XPogo Pogopalooza NYC
Obviously, I will never not be looking for shots like these

2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 |  Weeks 10-13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | 
Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | 
Week 23 | Week 24 | Weeks 25-27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H