Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

2013 Project 52, Week 38: Flatiron & Fountain

Week 38: September 17-23

I suppose I might eventually run out of iconic New York City locales to visit and shamelessly use for a backdrop for photos; that isn't likely to happen soon, though.

I set myself up at Madison Square Park (not Madison Square Garden, as I initially tried to tell a confused Sharon; these are not the same places, at all.) on a park bench near the water fountain that stands in the corner of the Park near the landmark Flatiron Building. I fancied this to be an exercise in the "street photography" discipline of finding a backdrop and waiting for something interesting to come through the frame. While I wasn't entirely successful in this particular task, I snapped a number of photos of the Flatiron Building and the fountain and settled on this "landscape" ("cityscape"? "travel photo"?) for this week's entry.

For all the time I spent putzing around our cave of an apartment, there are no shortage of truly lively and refreshing spaces here in the City where you can sit down quietly on a bench to watch the day pass by or stand in the middle of foot traffic trying not to look to conspicuous with a camera while keeping your head on a swivel looking out for interesting sights (or in my case, both). It's nice.

18mm (DX) : ISO 800 : f/11 1/30s
Extreme backlight @ the Flatiron Building


2013 Project 52 entries:
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | 
Week 8 | Week 9 |  Weeks 10-13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | 
Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | 
Week 23 | Week 24 | Weeks 25-27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | 
Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Week 34 | Week 35 | Weeks 36-37 | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H