Tags and Labels

photos (64) 2013Project52 (46) nyc (45) travel (11) photog (8) music (7) pontificating (7) sports (7) meta (6) vacation (6) baseball (4) TNC (3) lulz (2) neuroses (2) philly (2) memes (1)

Friday, January 18, 2013

Wide Gone Wild in the City

More photos from my wide angle spree at the Metropolitan Museum:
Hallway at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Hallway of French and Italian Busts
Atrium at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The atrium in the American Wing at sundown.

Earlier this week over my lunch break I walked a few blocks from my office at Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan over to Grand Central Station. I brought my tripod with me to take some longer exposures of the iconic Grand Concourse. This was my first time out and about fiddling with the tripod; it went well, and I'd like to get better at it. I'm really pleased with the level of detail I was able to retain in the image- it seems I was able to escape the shake!

These photos were shot at f/11 (I figured, hey I have this tripod so I may as well make it a long shutter); later on I read that the sharpest apertures for this particular lens hovered around f/8. I'll remember to get better acquainted with the lens I'm using and shoot at the sharpest aperture for these tripod mounted, longer-exposure-type shots in the future.

Main Concourse at Grand Central Station

Main Concourse at Grand Central Station


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'll be moderating all comments before they're published.
-H